Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chocolate with Colored Sprinkles


Bonjour! A sweet manicure for a sweet lady! I made this mani during the 2nd week of January 2011 when I am extremely craving for a chocolate bar. I'm having sore throat at that time and controlling myself from eating one afraid that my condition might get worse. I resorted to painting my nails for a sweet treat instead. I listed the materials I used below.

Chic Ash
White Acrylic Paint
Red Acrylic Paint
Blue Acrylic Paint
Yellow Acrylic Paint
Dotting Tool
Topcoat

For the base coat, I used Chic Ash. Its color resembles a chocolate after 2 coats. However, the application was horrible. The polish was too thick, I had to put several drops of nail thinner a couple of times. For the colored sprinkles I used a few acrylics. What I really like about using acrylics is that you can create your own colors. I combined red and yellow to produce an orange, to make some pink mix white and a bit of red. Once you have created your colors, paint random dots on your nails using a dotting tool (I used a toothpick, again). Put on a topcoat to make the mani last longer.


I hope you find this toothsome!

"If you have melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly."

Sharing the Love,

2 comments:

Jem said...

kawaii~!

made me want to eat a choco ice cream with candy sprinkles on it!
^_^

She Nailed It said...

Yay! Thank you for the comment! I truly appreciate it!